UNLV Moves To Semifinals After Defeating CSU Women's Tennis
April 26, 2012
SAN DIEGO - Second-seeded and No. 48 UNLV secured a spot in the semifinal round of the 2012 Mountain West Women's Tennis Championship after it defeated seventh-seeded Colorado State, 4-0, Thursday afternoon at Aztec Tennis Center. The Lady Rebels won the doubles point and three singles matches to record the victory.
UNLV took a 1-0 lead over the Rams after logging wins at the top two positions of the doubles ladder. Aleksandra Josifoska and Manon de Lanlay defeated the Rams' Natalie Heffron and Lauren Mulhern, 8-2, at the second position, before the Lady Rebels secured the point when Nives Pavlovic and Lucia Batta recorded an 8-4 victory over Tori Arneson and Kaley Schultz at No. 1.
UNLV continued to roll in singles as No. 60 Batta took down Arneson in straight sets at the top of the order, 6-1, 6-0. Ella Bourchier padded the Lady Rebels' lead as it increased to 3-0 when she downed Adriana Wojakowska, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 5. Then with UNLV within a point of the team win, Anett Bako defeated Veronika Wojakowska in straight sets, 6-4, 6-0.
The Lady Rebels will face third-seeded San Diego State in the semifinal round of the MW Championship on Saturday at 2 p.m. PT.
No. 48 Second-Seeded UNLV 4, Seventh-Seeded Colorado State 0
Aztec Tennis Center | San Diego, Calif.
1. Nives Pavlovic/Lucia Batta (UNLV) def. Tori Arneson/Kaley Schultz (CSU), 8-4
2. Aleksandra Josifoska/Manon de Lanlay (UNLV) def. Natalie Heffron/Lauren Mulhern (CSU), 8-2
3. Ella Bourchier/Anett Bako (UNLV) vs. Adriana Wojakowska/Veronika Wojakowska (CSU), 7-6 unfinished
1. No. 60 Lucia Batta (UNLV) def. Tori Arneson (CSU), 6-1, 6-0
2. Natalie Heffron (CSU) vs. No. 113 Aleksandra Josifoska (UNLV), 7-5, 1-3 unfinished
3. Nives Pavlovic (UNLV) vs. Kaley Schultz (CSU), 6-3, 4-3 unfinished
4. Manon de Lanlay (UNLV) vs. Lauren Mulhern (CSU) , 6-4, 2-0 unfinished
5. Ella Bourchier (UNLV) def. Adriana Wojakowska (CSU), 6-1, 6-2
6. Anett Bako (UNLV) def. Veronika Wojakowska (CSU), 6-4, 6-0
Order of finish
Doubles: 2, 1
Singles: 1, 5, 6